Skip to main content

Time Management




THE MOST IMPORTANT SKILL IN EACH AND EVERYONE'S LIFE - TIME MANAGEMENT!

Once upon a time, I took to PC gaming for stress busting purposes and started to play Warcraft, a very addictive game. Slowly I got addicted to gaming so much that one day I played the game for 5 hours flat! I realized too much time has been wasted on this and I could not complete some critical tasks. 

I felt awful about the wasted time which could not be brought back at any cost. I was pondering over my loss of not doing important tasks on time and delaying them until the last minute and completing them under tremendous pressure. 

I realized my mistake and wanted to spring back to my feet. I started my research on Time Management. I started practicing it and now I feel super productive and really great in my work and in my life.

After trying all the methods and testing them, I am presenting the same here in a nutshell:

First, I highly recommend my blog viewers to watch the following video:

https://youtu.be/SqGRnlXplx0



Soak this video into yourself! This is the most important lesson in time management!


Digression:
1. Put your most important tasks and priorities first and assign them the maximum time period first. Ex: Family, Goals and Ambitions, Relationships and so on.
2. Next come your second most important priorities, Ex: Your Car, Your Job and so on.
3. The sand in the video represents everything else. It should come later on and not before.
4. If you put your not-so-important things first, there would be no space for important ones and this causes misery!

How I achieved it (This requires a lot of self-discipline and control! )

1. Found out those tasks which eat away my time:
Deleted all PC games, Reduced my social media usage through a plugin in chrome: StayFocused, 
Maintained strict Whatsapp usage timing.
 60% of the problems are now solved.

2. The first thing in the morning, I make a list of tasks I need to complete that day and prioritize them according to their importance.

3. If the tasks are huge, break them into smaller pieces and complete them piecemeal!

4. Always make time for recreation and learning new skills.

5. I do write my diary daily and do recommend this to everyone! This will do the tracking of performance, give an opportunity for self-reflection and helps a lot in achieving set goals. As the year 2017 is starting, I recommend everyone to put down their new year resolutions in their personal diaries and maintain one.



These steps give a near 90% efficiency.

For more reading, please do read this fabulous post by Capt. Ajit Vadakayl. This has a ton of information on Time management:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ancient Vedic Dinacharya (Daily routine)

In all of creation there are no better and more powerful medicines, tools, techniques, methods etc. than to tune in with the rhythm and laws of Divine and Almighty Nature. Ayurveda, hygiene, lifestyle and diet are crucial to good health. To attain good health, Ayurveda prescribes the daily routine and the seasonal regime. The daily regime or routine is called “ Dinacharya ” in Sanskrit. ‘Din’ means 'day' and ‘acharya’ means 'to follow' or 'close to'. According to Ayurveda to maintain a healthy and disease free life one should follow a daily routine or schedule. It is important to follow a daily regime in order to be optimally healthy. Dinacharya is one of the best things that you can do to prevent disease, stay in balance and treat almost every illness. The Ayurvedic Rishis (Saints) considered daily routine to be a stronger healing force than any other medicine. In Sanskrit the daily routine is called the  Dinacharya . Ayurveda recommends that

How to activate TaskView with Hot Corners in Windows 10

We have some really productive features in Windows 10. Most notably Task View and Start Menu/Screen But in order to fully realize their potential, I felt that they should be activated by Hot Corners just like in Mac OS. So here are some tweaks to achieve the same. I used: 1.        AutoHotKey : Great program for sending keystrokes. 2.        Hot Corners 2: To activate hot corners. Step 1. Install AutoHotKey: I used it to send keystrokes to the processor. Installation is fairly simple. Step 2: Enter the following script in notepad and save it with an “ .ahk” extension: TaskView.ahk                   Send {LWin Down}{Tab}                   Send {LWin up}                   Return Step 3: Install Hot Corners 2: This handy little program enables us to launch programs using Hot Corners. Step 4: Select the Hot Corner you want, select the dropdown and click

VEDIC BRAIN WAVE THEORIES - Captain Ajit Vadakayil

JESUS CHRIST CAME TO INDIA AND STAYED IN KERALA FOR 3 YEARS TO UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF CONSCIOUSNESS,  LEARN MEDITATION AND THE POWER OF THE DNA.  HE WENT BACK TO JERUSALEM AND THEN MADE HISTORY .  HE TOLD ALL TO UTTER HAREE OM ( REDUCED TO AMEN )  .  This is a reading of Edgar Cayce.  This was a nice input by my friend Ajit Amost all Quantum scientist pioneers knew Sanskr it. It is no wonder why the DANCING SHIVA statue had pride of place at the LHC hadron collider at Cern Switzerland.  Nikola Tesla used Sanskrit works like Akasha for Ether/ ZPF. Here is profound Vedic knowledge about your brain and consciousness. This was at a time when the rest of the world could NOT think beyond eating, shitting, fornicating and sleeping. Since life began, the Earth has been surrounding and protecting all living things with a natural frequency pulsation of 7.83 HZ—the ancient Indian Rishis called OM. Mankind depends on two subtle environmental signals, the Yin from below and the Yang